- We don't run ads to preserve our neutrality
- We don’t charge our readers as we believe that free access to news is a universal right
- We are committed to bringing you unbiased news.
HONG KONG — The wife of the man who was set on fire in Hong Kong last week has told Chinese state television she was “heartbroken” by his injuries.
Mr Lee Chi-cheung, 57, was left fighting for his life after the attack, which occurred on Nov 11 after a dispute with a group of masked people who had vandalised an MTR station in Ma On Shan in Hong Kong’s New Territories. Police have classified the case as attempted murder and a spokeswoman from the Fire Services Department said Lee had sustained second-degree burns to 28 per cent of his body.
The interview with his wife by CGTN, the English-language arm of China’s official state broadcaster CCTV, swiftly went viral on Chinese social media on Monday.
Footage of the attack on the construction worker and father of two prompted widespread condemnation by Chinese state media and “Uncle Lee” has attracted widespread sympathy in mainland China.
His 51-year-old wife, who asked not to be identified, said in the interview that her husband was still in a coma and had undergone skin graft surgery on his hands, with more surgical procedures […]
Click here to view original news page at www.todayonline.com
